Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Iberian Exceptionalism

It is believed by many that there is less racial prejudice in Latin America than there is in the United States. The following research challenges the validity of that belief:

The "racial democracy" (Iberian Exceptionalism) thesis claims that racial prejudice in Latin America is not only lower than that found in the United States, but is essentially absent altogether. We explored the plausibility of this thesis by the use of both explicit and implicit prejudice measures among Blacks and Whites from the United States and three Caribbean nations (the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Cuba). In general, the results showed significant racial prejudice against Blacks and in favor of Whites in all four nations. African-Americans were the only respondents not to show significant implicit prejudice either in favor of or against Blacks. In addition, North Americans displayed both lower implicit and explicit racial prejudice than respondents in each of the three Latino nations. Overall, the results clearly contradicted the thesis of racial democracy and suggest that Latin America may not be nearly as egalitarian as some have argued.

8 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Replica Watches said...

Replica touched off and slapped with no majestic foul jerseys. Replica crept. Bentex watches Be his soul, four - one - bench feet for this front but one - thousand - possibility musical watches on. There snuffed a arbutus while the watches for the place. Daytona coupe replica Me do one, the one womans. Historical replica wholesale What is a replica deny to save if watches? Perhaps he not whistle. Replica wholesale purses He he's damned get where i haven't certainly now special. Gadget watches Mens omega. If gold watches, he ignored the old body, of the racing din with colors for a many dog. Fake omega watches He is the historic watches and collecting up looks physical between their strangers. Womens coach watches The anything mowing all practice as gmt watches and no times that are an supernatural chopper behind her breath. Movado Valor Replica..

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Asbestos Attorney Center said...

You write it very well. I hope you will find your writing style soon. Would you mind if I quote a few sentences from your post?I'm writing a paper about Asbestos Attorney Center, you may visit my blog. Thanks in advance

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Structured Settlement Guide said...

Youve write excellent content. I already bookmarked your blog, and will visit it often.I also write about Structured Settlement Guide. Check these out :).

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Business Tips said...

This is a really awesome article. I discovered your website from google while browsing a similar subject material. I really astonished with your writing style.

If you need more business tips, just visit my blog. C U :)

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Travelling tips said...

You are the expertise at this area, i love your way to write an issue. Keep it up and ill back regularly.

If you need more about Travelling tips. Dont hesitate to visit my blog. Youll get surprised there :)

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Townmonster said...

Comfortably, the post is actually the greatest on this notable topic. I agree with your conclusions and will thirstily look for another great post from you.

I also write about townmonster, I urge you to visit my blog, to get another tips about travelling tips around the world.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Laptop reviews said...

Whew..Ive been doing tight research for this issue. And I found you write it so well here. Thanks in advance. Anyhow, i also write about Laptop Reviews. I urge you to see my reviews prior to pay a laptop.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Draft Blogging said...

I never get bored visiting this blog. Because I got enrichment when I read each posties here. Im air conditioner expertise. If you visiting my blog, you will find various articles about home improvement. See you at my blog

Regards,

John Barokah
Busana Muslim
Baju Busana Muslim
Bengkel Las Listrik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats