Thursday, October 20, 2005

Chinese police are investigating a report of attempted baby trafficking on an internet auction site, according to a state-owned newspaper

BBC News:

The advertisement was reportedly placed on eBay's Chinese website, Eachnet.

Boys were advertised for 28,000 yuan ($3,450) while girls were offered for 13,000 yuan ($1,603), Eachnet manager Tang Lei told the China Daily.

The offer could have been a hoax, but it comes as baby trafficking is seen as an increasing problem in China.

China's strict "one child" birth control policy, coupled with the traditional bias for male children, has led to widespread reports of child abductions, and several people have been sentenced to death for their part in smuggling rings.

According to Eachnet, the advertisement was registered in Shanghai on 16 October.

The seller, under the user name "Chuangxinzhe Yongyuan" or "innovator forever", said the babies would be available within 100 days of their birth.

The seller said the service was being provided for the benefit of China's millions of infertile couples.

All the children were described as coming from Henan province in central China.

Although no deals were struck, more than 50 people browsed the listing before it was removed, including one who left an enquiry.

According to Tang Lei, the website automatically screens all the postings it receives. But the word "baby" is not seen as a forbidden term because so many baby products are advertised on the site.

Mr Tang admitted the posting may have been a hoax - but he added that, if not, the person responsible for the attempted sale could face many years in prison or even the death penalty.

Baby traffickers get death in Guizhou

Babies in tote bags lead to gang arrests

China's Baby Traffickers

Tragedy of the babies bought for a pittance, sold for a fortune

China's Baby Bust

“How Can I be Sold Like This?”

China offers parents cash incentives to produce more girls

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Eric Michael Gibson said...

Re: 'Babies for sale' on Chinese eBay

I recently went through an ordeal that may provide some information into this problem. I went to the police and everything but I don't think they believe me.

One day in mid-September of 2007 my friend comes over to band practice, and goes "Do you want some curried pork?" It tastes strange, and doesn't taste like pork. Later we're standing outside and he goes "Actually it was dead chinese girl, eating human flesh changes the vibrational frequency of the human body."

I started having mood swings and acting strange. Over 4-5 month period there is a series of events where I eventually move into his house.

One day he says "Do you want some Chinese bbq'd pork? It's good for your hair and skin." I taste it, and once again it's odd.

A couple weeks later he just flat out says "I have some dead chinese girl in the fridge, check it out." He opens the fridge, and there is a corningware ceramic pot roast thing with a piece of meat in it. It was human, I could tell by the skin. I'm immediately shocked, and go "Where did you get that from?" He goes "From china..." I'm shocked, and I say something odd like "they must be cloned or something". Then he says "actually, it's chipped beef". I consciously realize that it was in fact human. Then he goes "Look, I have a pork butt too." but it was wrapped 20 times in seran wrap. It was human looking, like with cheeks, but small like a baby or little girl. I just walked to the couch and sat down and starting watching the news. He handed me a piece and I just mindlessly ate it. Then I just walk over to the couch, sit down and start watching the TV. It was weird, like my mind knew what was happening, but refused to acknowledge it.

The next day I wake up, and he's goes "Check out what I wrote on my wall." I look and it says, "Pain flows through me like the virgin mary through my colon." I'm looking at him, and thinking "Uhhh... Ookay." I'm still not getting it.

I go through a whole series of events that basically made me come to the conclusion that he was buying babies. Possibly online. It was too late to get evidence. I've tried to contact the law, but they don't believe me.

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats