Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A group called the Coalition for a Humanistic Euro-British Canada has publicly advocated limiting immigration to Europeans

CBC News:

The group bought a full-page ad in the Windsor Star on Friday.

Canada should only take in European immigrants who are willing to learn English and adopt British culture, the ad said.

"British culture needs to be promoted and enhanced" in Canada, it said.

Michael Chessman, founder of the coalition, doesn't deny his group has a racist slant.

"Everyone is a racist. And I'm saying do the right thing about it by making sure there's racial justice."

Some Windsor residents are asking why the newspaper printed the ad.

"I was reading it two three times before I totally understood it ... ," said Reza Shahbazi, the director of an immigration settlement agency. "Is this really happening?"

Mo Perrron, the Star's director of advertising, said there was no reason not to print the ad.

"We went over the content to make sure they weren't making any attacks against any one individual group. And they were simply making a policy statement for the organization."

Chessman said the Star was the only newspaper in the CanWest chain to print the ad.

Chessman wouldn't say how many members his coalition has.

Coalition for a Humanistic Euro British Canada

Canadian businesses welcome Mexicans

5 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Reza Shahbazi"

Limitless righteous indignation like this is an amazing thing.

Why is it so difficult to understand that some people just might not think it's a good idea to bring demographic change to a country -- their country -- via immigration? This guy is probably Iranian, and no doubt he believes Iran is a valuably unique place because it is full of...wait for it...Iranians.

The same is true for Canada.

At least it was; anymore I'm not too sure.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Zac said...

Regarding the last comment...

I've understood that some people may think immigration is a bad thing. I also understand that some people thought that Jews were responsible for all European "problems," and that the Jews themselves were a "problem" that needed to be taken care of. I also understand that people have thought similar things about Armenians, Catholics, Protestants, Socialsists, homosexuals, etc. I understand all such viewpoints well. I understand that they are born out of ignorance and fear. I understand that they are ugly and anti-progressive. I understand, yet I do not agree. I wholeheartedly denounce and reject such opinions and those who hold them. Righteous? Damn right. I'm just standing up for my fellow humans...

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that they are born out of ignorance and fear

No, they are born out of an understanding of human nature, something which you are sadly lacking.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

the coalition ebsites are now at http://www.britishcanada.org
and at http://www.eurobritishcoalition.org

in addition please visit welovemartha.org set-up by the coalition in defence of Ms. Martha Stewart

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Dwain said...

Pretty helpful material, thanks so much for the article.
led lights

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats