Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Pakistani ringleader of a gang of rapist brothers said he believed one of his teenage victims had "no right to say 'No"' when he attacked her

Nicolette Casella:

Before coming to Australia, the rapist had grown up in an 11-room house with servants in Pakistan, attended private school in Peshawar and planned to follow in his father's footsteps by studying medicine at university.

But at his sentencing for the gang rape of two of his victims yesterday, he said he thought he was doing nothing wrong when he sexually assaulted the girls.

The man, 26, who despite being convicted of four gang rapes can be known only as MSK, told Supreme Court Justice Peter Hidden yesterday he had a "better understanding of Australian culture now" having read Australian newspapers and watched television from his maximum-security cell.

"I realise now that 'No' means 'No'. In my country if a woman comes to your house and has a drink with you, you believe she wants to have sex. There is no respect for a woman like that," he said. "I was born in such a place that led me to believe that. So why is it my fault I was born there?"

Police believe the four brothers went on a rampage in 2002, luring more than a dozen girls to their Ashfield home to rape them.

The leader, a married man and father who is already serving a 22-year jail term for the pack rape of two victims, is awaiting sentence for attacks on a 14-year-old on June 14, 2002 and a 13-year-old one month later.

"I believed at the time that I committed the offence that she had no right to say 'No'," MSK said.

He said he believed she was promiscuous because she did not wear a Muslim purdah, was drank alcohol and sang Shakira lyrics: "My breasts are small but humble".

From the witness box, he then turned to the victim, who can only be identified only as T, and apologised for the first time.

"I wish to say this to (her) that at the time when I committed the offence I came from such a background," he said. "I understand now that I hurt you and I am extremely, extremely apologetic to you. I am asking for your forgiveness."

He apologised to the 13-year-old victim, known as X, who was not in court.

"I am extremely, extremely apologetic."

Outside court, T said: "I am the first person to forgive if someone is genuinely sorry, but he is not. He's a liar."

Muslim Gang Rapes and the Aussie Riots

Gang rapist claims right to assault

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats