Eleven Muslim men accused of being part of a terror module plotting massive strikes in Australia were ordered by a court in Melbourne to stand trial
The men were among 13 people arrested for allegedly planning terror attacks in the country, including a possible strike on a nuclear reactor in Sydney.
Ten of them were arrested in pre-dawn raids in November last year, while other three were held later in March.
The men have pleaded not guilty to all charges against them.
Magistrate Paul Smith committed the eleven Muslims to stand trial and said he will hear the submissions of two others - Shane Kent and Aimen Joud - on September 18.
Smith did not comment when asked about evidence presented during the committal hearing that lasted six weeks, but said there was enough evidence for a possible conviction.
The eleven accused are: the group's alleged spiritual leader Algerian-born Abdul Nacer Benbrika (46), Fadal Sayadi(26), Majed Raad (22), Amer Haddara (26), Ahmed Raad (23), Abdullah Merhi (21), Hany Taha (31), Shoue Hammoud (26), Izzydeen Atik (26), Bassam Raad (24) and Ezzit Raad (24).
The men will remain in custody and the lawyers of most of them indicated bail applications might be filed in the coming weeks.
The prosecutor told the court during the hearing that the group was inspired and influenced by the terrorist outfit Al-Qaeda and its leader Osama bin Laden.
11 suspects to face jury
Accused plotters defy court as trial ordered