Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Slip of the tongue?

A weatherman was fired for accidentally making a racial slur on the air:

Blair, the station's weekend weather forecaster, was delivering the extended forecast early Saturday when he said, "For tomorrow, 60 degrees, Martin Luther Coon King Jr. Day, gonna see some temperatures in the mid-60s."

"I don't think it was slip of the tongue, no way," said Gene Collins, director of the Las Vegas branch of National Action Network, a civil rights group founded by the Rev. Al Sharpton. "I think (Blair) felt he could say it and get away with it by just saying he's sorry. Sorry isn't going to cut it. I think the station should be commended for doing the right thing and dismissing him."

After the initial comment, Blair 20 minutes later told viewers of the ABC affiliate, "Apparently, I accidentally said Martin Luther Kong Jr., which I apologize about -- slip of the tongue."

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Abel said...

Quite worthwhile information, lots of thanks for your post.
check | link | here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats