Friday, April 20, 2007

African-American rapper says he wouldn't help police

Andy Soltis:



Platinum-selling rapper Cam'ron says that even if a serial killer were living next to his New York apartment, he wouldn't help police - because it would hurt his music sales and violate his "code of ethics."

The 31-year-old rapper, who refused to cooperate with cops when he was shot in Washington in 2005, explained to "60 Minutes" that talking to police "would definitely hurt my business. And the way I was raised, I just don't do that."

Asked what he would do if he knew a serial killer were next door, Cam'ron said, "I wouldn't call and tell anybody on him - but I'd probably move."

Cam'ron, whose real name is Cameron Giles, was wounded two years ago while driving a Lamborghini, but wouldn't talk to cops.

When interviewer Anderson Cooper said he'd want the shooter caught if he were the victim, Cam'ron replied, "You're not going to be on the stage tonight . . . with people with gold and platinum teeth and dreadlocks jumping up and down singing your songs. We're in two different lines of business."

"So for you, it's really about business?" he was asked.

"It's about business," he said, "but it's also about a code of ethics."

Cam'ron: Snitching Hurts "Code Of Ethics"

Rapper's Change Of Face

Is the Rap Culture Compatible With America?

Rap star Cam’ron: WOULDN’T HELP POLICE CATCH EVEN A SERIAL KILLER BECAUSE IT WOULD HURT HIS BUSINESS AND VIOLATE HIS ‘CODE OF ETHICS’

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not informing police that there is a serial killer next door - just move and let him get someone else. Interesting code of ethics.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN CAM'RON U IS OH SWO SEXII MANN LOLz U R MA FUTURE HUSBAND LOLz I DEVOTED MA LIFE TO U I TOLD EVERYBODY THAT U WERE MA FUTURE HUSBAND LOL I NO I DONT NO U BUT I DO NO THE YOU IN THE MOVIES AND I LIKE HIM HE PUTS IT DOWN LOLz I HOPE TO MEET U SOMETIME IN THA FUTURE THO IMA SEE YA WEN I SEE YA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats