Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A man in Saudi Arabia lost a bit of his nose in a joint assault by his two wives after he jokingly threatened to marry a third woman

Reuters:

Judaie Ibn Salem had thought his threat would help resolve an argument over dividing up his house.

"I swore that I would do it because ... they were impolite and that's when I came under an even bigger attack," Ibn Salem told Shams newspaper after having seven stitches inserted.

"I never realized they would get so worked up. But the only way to restore my dignity is really to take a third wife.

"I don't know what I'm going to lose next if I do that."

Islamic law allows men to take up to four wives and polygamy is not unusual in the conservative kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam.

Polygamy is no joke, man discovers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats