Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Rwandan man has been arrested for tying purple scarves used to mark the 1994 genocide to his dog, reportedly because his pets had also been killed

BBC News:

Mr Nshumbusho is accused of "belittling the genocide".

The leader of a genocide survivors' association called for him to be prosecuted under a law passed to prevent genocide denial.

Some 800,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus were slaughtered between April and June 1994.

Benoit Kaboyi, secretary general of the Ibuka genocide survivors' association, says this is just one incident among many of people trying to belittle the genocide.

Rwanda: Genocide - Man Mourns Dead Dogs

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can actually understand where this guy is coming from. When my dog died I was heartbroken for months. I don't like people much and I can't remember ever crying at a funeral. I guess that makes me an SOB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats