Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A man who shot and paralyzed his ex-girlfriend has been sentenced to prison

nbc4i:

Alfred Alexander

Jamel Davis was shot in the neck last summer after trying to break up with her boyfriend, NBC 4 reported.

Davis said she went to Alfred Alexander's home in August to break up with him. She said Alexander acted that if he couldn't have her, no one could.

"He wanted to control me. He couldn't control me. It was basically his way or no way," Davis said.

Alexander was convicted of felonious assault, but maintained that the shooting was an accident.

The bullet struck Davis' seventh vertebrae and left her paralyzed from the chest down. She has limited use of her arms.

"He don't know the pain that I go through. I was living with my kids. I don't have my kids no more. I don't have my jobs no more. I'm stuck in bed almost 24-7," Davis said.

Alexander was sentenced to nine years in prison.

Of course, when he gets out of prison he will still have the ability to walk unlike his unfortunate ex-girlfriend.

1 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another lovely product of the Amerian black underculture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats