Friday, June 09, 2006

Black man attacks white family because of their race

Kieran Crowley:

Carl Graves

A young black man, angry that a Long Island mall was getting "too white," tossed 6-inch chunk of concrete into a van packed with white kids, police said yesterday.

Friends of Carl Graves, 20, of Amityville, told cops that he thought Massapequa's Sunrise Mall "had become too white," Nassau Detective Lt. Karl Schoepp said.

At 3:15 Monday, Kim McCandless was stopped at a light near the mall in her minivan with daughters, Mia, 3, and 7-month-old Madison, along with McCandless young niece and nephew .

"It took me by surprise, to have someone throw a boulder," said McCandless. "When it hit, the car shook, the glass shattered and the kids started crying hysterically. I was afraid for my kids," she said.

The two men then "walked away laughing," she added.

Graves was caught and charged with criminal mischief and reckless endangerment - as hate crimes.

L.I. man faces hate crime rap in mall attack

White Woman: Black Man Threw Concrete At Me At L.I. Mall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats