Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Britain: A supply teacher has been sacked from a secondary school following complaints from Muslim pupils

BBC News:

Andrew McLuskey was sacked from Bayliss Court Secondary School in Slough after a Religious Education lesson discussing the pros and cons of religion.

Pupils at the predominantly Muslim school claimed Mr McLuskey said most suicide bombers were Muslim.

But he rejected the allegation and said the school was too quick to sack him without giving him right of reply.

He expected to complete an eight week contract at the school - but was sacked after only several days.

"I feel it's very unjust," he said.

"I think I should've been given the chance to respond to the allegations and not in effect be ejected from a job without the chance to defend myself."

The school authorities denied they were being heavy-handed and said their first priority was pupils' welfare.

"I don't think it's important what I think," said the school's deputy head teacher Ray Hinds.

"It's what the pupils think that were in the classroom at the time. And they were very upset."

British Teacher Fired..For Telling the Truth?

Andrew McLuskey - Sacked for stating the obvious

Teacher sacked from Slough school for being honest

Truth? We can't handle the truth

UK: Islamist School Still Teaching Hate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats