Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Van Gogh: murdered for Islam

Reuters:

A Dutch-Moroccan man has confessed in court to murdering a film-maker critical of Islam, breaking his silence in a case that has stoked religious and racial tension in the Netherlands.

Mohammed Bouyeri is accused of killing Theo van Gogh as he cycled to work in Amsterdam on November 2, 2004.

He is charged with shooting and stabbing Van Gogh before cutting his throat and leaving a note pinned to his body with a knife.

"I want you to know that I acted out of conviction and not that I took his life because he was Dutch or because I was Moroccan and felt insulted," the 27-year-old told Amsterdam District Court.

"I take complete responsibility for my actions. I acted purely in the name of my religion.

"I can assure you that one day, should I be set free, I would do exactly the same, exactly the same."

Bouyeri, who has shown no emotion throughout the trial and refused to speak, told the court he felt he owed Van Gogh's mother, Anneke, some explanation.

"I have to admit I do not feel for you, I do not feel your pain, I cannot - I don't know what it is like to lose a child," he said.

"I cannot feel for you... because I believe you are a nonbeliever.

"I acted out of conviction, not because I hated your son."

Prosecutors say Bouyeri, who waived the right to mount a defence, is a radical Muslim dedicated to a holy war against the enemies of Islam.

They allege he murdered Van Gogh to spread terror in the Netherlands.

VAN GOGH TRIAL: DAY TWO

Suspect on trial in Van Gogh slaying tells court he would do it again

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's even sadder when you realize you've imported into your country those doing the killing.

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of the great Enoch Powell
The supreme function of statesmanship is to provide against preventable evils.

In seeking to do so, it encounters obstacles which are deeply rooted in human nature... Above all, people are disposed to mistake predicting troubles for causing troubles and even for desiring troubles: “if only”, they love to think, “if only people wouldn't talk about it, it probably wouldn't happen”. Perhaps this habit goes back to the primitive belief that the word and the thing, the name and the object, are identical.

At all events, the discussion of future grave but, with effort now, avoidable evils is the most unpopular and at the same time the most necessary occupation for the politician. Those who knowingly shirk it, deserve, and not infrequently receive, the curses of those who come after.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think it's time to wrap up the experiment and start deporting muslims to the middle east.

And let us not forget the Hispanics! That's another group that needs deporting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats