Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Asian youths in parts of Oldham, England are trying to create no go areas for white people

Barnie Choudhury:

An investigation for Today has found disturbing evidence that Asian youths in parts of Oldham are trying to create no go areas for white people.

Last year the police investigated record levels of racist attacks in Oldham.Of the 572 cases, 60% turned out to be white victims.

Pakistanis make up the majority on the Glodwick estate just west of the town centre. Some youths speak the language of racial hatred. It's not clear whether this is bravado but their message is blunt... white people keep out.

Many openly admit to carrying out what they see as revenge attacks on white people as part of a tit-for-tat campaign.

One told us: "There are signs all around saying whites enter at your risk. It's a matter of revenge. It's about giving as good as you can take."

Another had a six-inch scar running across his head. He said he had been attacked by a white gang.

"I got slashed by some whites so that I'm totally racist. I don't like whites. It's like this now, we go to a white area and we get done over. It's like them coming here they get done over...it's for your own good."

This hardening in attitude is repeated across the town and has passed down to children as young as 10. Unlike their parents they will not tolerate being victims of racism.

Local white people are scared and many want to leave the estates but cannot.

"I was just walking with my dog around 10 at night and a group of Asian youths in their car, music blaring,threatening me like saying they'd kick me head in calling me white bastard, white scum. You're frightened," one person told me.

Another ongoing multicultural failure.

3 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shouldn't be too difficult as most whites probably don't want to go there anyway. And the ones who currently have no choice, i.e. because they live nearby, will most likely soon be leaving.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This news item is four years old, although, to be fair, I doubt if anything has changed.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Adam Lawson said...

This news item is four years old, although, to be fair, I doubt if anything has changed.

No wonder I couldn't find any other articles relating to this problem. The website has a date on the upper left hand corner but I see that this only shows the date that you are reading the article, not the date that it was originally posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats